Are you committed to bring back contentment and fulfillment into your life?
We all experience moments when we face challenges and we have no answers for them. Modern life brings many opportunities, but also for many of us, more pressure to perform, stress anxiety, confusion, and uncertainty. In these moments, we would like to change jobs, relationships or simply change something so we can feel better. In these situations, we tend to focus on the problem itself. Very often this is not the root cause of our difficulties and the more we focus on the problem, the more elusive the solution is, which leaves us paralyzed, dissatisfied, and uncertain.
I help people in these situations where they deal with life-issues, be it at home, in business, or in their relationships. I support them to reflect on their relationship with the problem, to disrupt their beliefs and assumptions, to create new perspectives, and rekindle their creativity and resourcefulness. They also develop new habits and ways of being and doing. These practices allow them to not only transform but to also sustain this transformation over time. This brings them meaning, beauty, well-being, and contentment.
I bring experience and knowledge in coaching as a certified coach (CPCC, ACC), in neuroscience and psychology as a psychologist. I also bring significant life and professional experience.
I lead you to places in yourself where you truly understand what is happening and where you can muster the courage and the motivation to overcome your difficulties. From there, you take the right actions which change your life for the better.
Coaching might be a new term to some but the practice has grown out of decades of research in social psychology, clinical psychology, and professional coaching. Researchers have found many potential positive results of coaching:
- A stronger sense of identity and purpose for the client (Jarosz, 2016).
- The client living the life that they have dreamed about, through enhanced mental health and goal attainment. This is achieved through smart goal-setting and follow-through, self-regulation, enhanced communication, problem-solving skills, and client empowerment with the support of the coach (Green, Oades, & Grant, 2006).
- Positive change in client behavior and beliefs, including improved self-confidence, self-acceptance, and insight into one’s self (Grant, 2008).
- A better quality of life in general, with greater well-being, increased hope, and decreased stress (Grant, 2003; Green, Grant, & Rynsaardt, 2007).
What are the necessary factors needed for coaching to be effective?
Coaching like any other forms of therapeutic interventions depend on 3 generic factors:
- Motivation and hope for the client: the client needs to have the will to learn and grow, as well as the hope and expectation that change is possible.
- The coaching relationship between the client and the coach: the coach must be consistently present and provides support throughout the process.
- The coaching process itself: the tools and techniques being used by the coach.
Research has shown that the success of coaching mainly depends on a good relationship between coach and client, a motivated client and an empathic coach (Anderson et al., 2009; De Sousa, 2014; De Haan, Grant, Burger, & Eriksson, 2016; Moyers & Miller, 2013).
This is why before choosing a coach it is critical to have a first connection such as a "Chemistry session" so that both the coach and potential client can assess if they can establish a good coaching relationship going forward.
"What a caterpillar calls the end, the rest of the world calls it a butterfly." - Lao Tse
Why choose this name for the business?
The name came following a long period of illness of my wife when I felt that I was running out of choices as whatever I was doing was not making her get better.
In that time of discouragement, I experienced what Viktor Frankl had meant when he had said: "Forces beyond your control can take away everything you possess except one thing, your freedom to choose how you will respond to the situation".
"If you don't know where you are going, you won't know where you are when you get there." - Yogi Berra
Call me to discuss what you have in mind and we will take it from there...